Thursday 25 February 2010

Francis Bacon at the Hugh lane...

While I was at Dublin, I stumbled across Dublin City gallery, the Hugh Lane and it was showing an exhibition on Francis bacon, called Terrible Beauty. Not really a big fan of Francis Bacon but thought I should go and have a nosy if only to pad out the old journal!

The exhibition was much bigger than I’d thought and the whole gallery was like a maze, when It looked so small from the outside.

Terrible beauty was a celebration of the centenary of Francis Bacons birth at 63 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin and the galleries extensive collection of Francis Bacons studio material. In the end I thought the exhibition was really quite good. I didn’t pay much attention to his actual art work but did enjoy the other materials surrounding his life both at work and at home. It was particularly interesting to see what his house was like and his studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment