Wednesday 7 October 2009

IDN self promotion issue.


A few days ago I bought this IDN issue entitled self-promotion issue. The issue had the biggest feature to date of 25 international artists featuring their most original and personal self promotional work, designed simply to sell themselves I thought that it would be an interesting read and that there maybe some good artists that I could research and maybe get inspiration from. There was loads of really good artists and designers, and it made me think that maybe I should start thinking about designing self promotional pieces particularly a business card, would prove quite helpful. I researched a couple of my favourite artists featured in the book which I think question the boundaries of Graphic design.


Mike Perry





Mike Perry’s work really stood out to me for its childlike and ‘doodle’ quality. I love work that is fun, Perry’s work doesn’t fit in one particular branch of art or design and I feel like he does what he does because he likes doing it. Much like...


Aoyama Hina






"How much software do you employ to create your artwork? Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere...All have helped add hitherto undreamed-of level of sophistication to the business of digital design. But Japanese artist Aoyama Hina achieves unbelievable results with just a simple pair of sharpened scissors."


How cool is this!



No comments:

Post a Comment